Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I forgot to mention...


I forgot to tell everyone yesterday but the results came back on my tests and it turns out that I am not the carrier or WAS. So there is a 97 % chance that Kyler didnt get it from me. It was more than likely a spontaneous malformation of his X chromosome. That means that we can have more children who more than likely would not have WAS. They did suggest, though, that we have any future children tested for it just to be sure.
Also, at our wedding this past saturday Kyler helped hold the rings and it was soo cute..he did such a great job!! He is also trying to sit up on his own! Hes growing up toooo fast!

3 comments:

  1. That is so great! I'm glad to hear you're not a carrier. That's been one of the hardest things about all this: knowing that I'm a carrier and all the implications that has on us having more kids.

    Congrats on the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to Paige, I too am a carrier and it has been very hard to deal with, especially as we are wanting to have more children. But fantastic news for you that you are not a carrier - one less thing to have to worry about! Well done on the wedding, and Kyler would have been such a gorgeous ring bearer - he is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill,

    I am Sumathi and I have a 10 year old son with WAS. We live in NC.

    I found your blog on Paige's website and stopped to say hello. Kyler is just too cute! and he behaves for lab draws!!

    Great news that you are not a carrier! It is a burden lifted off your shoulders. I will keep you in my prayers as you go along this path.

    Sumathi

    ReplyDelete