Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day +7

Well, today and yesterdays cultures came back with news we didnt want to hear. Kyler has a staph (MRSA) infection in his Lumen Hickman (central) line and it is now in his blood. The best treatment is to remove the line and put in a temporary PICC line until the staph is cleared up with the antibiotic (Vancomycin) and he has a few more WBC's and then we can have another lumen hickman put into place. His WBC's came up a little yesterday but are back down today. That is expected though. The first few weeks their counts can go back and forth. Yesterday and last night were really good fow him as far as how he felt. Yesterday afternoon he raised up on his own and climbed into my lap and I read a book to him. Last night, after his bath, he was sitting on the side of his crib playing with Coty and me and talking and laughing and he even got to squirt saline out of a syringe (which he thought was the greatest thing.) We were so excited that he seemed to feel better BUT we knew that they have their "Up's and Down's" until they actually engraft. Well yesterday was definately an "Up" so today he is having a "Down." He is nauseated again today and seems to be hurting more again. He has been resting most of the morning. We are just waiting to find out what time today he will have the central line removed/ PICC line placed. Please keep him in your prayers! He is such an amazing strong little boy and has already been through so much in just the 1st year of his life. I love him so so much and I am so blessed to have him. I will update sometime after the line placement (depending on how Ky feels)

No comments:

Post a Comment